how i use polyvore










I first read about Polyvore around a year ago during my search for websites that could help me plan my outfits. I enjoyed making outfits for fun and Polyvore was (and still is!) my favourite site when it comes to making outfits online

My plan for using Polyvore to help me with my minimalist fashion challenge was simple: Create 90 looks with my 50 chosen pieces.

Why 90? I wanted to create looks with my pieces that would last me around 3 months. I won't repeat any outfits in the span of around three months, and once I have used all 90 looks, I go back to the start and repeat the process until the end of the semester! Therefore, the maximum number of times that I repeat an outfit would be two

Here's a screenshot of some of my looks:






(sidenote: Besides encouraging me to become more creative with the looks I make, I realised that the minimalist fashion challenge and Polyvore have helped me see what my style is like. A year ago, I was into bohemian clothes and patterned dresses. Nowadays, I prefer blacks, whites, greys, solid colours, and classic pieces.)

To keep things simple, I used numbers for the titles of my look. That way, it'll be easier to refer to them once I keep track of which outfits I wore. I plan on printing screenshots of my looks so I can cross out the ones I've used already. Polyvore really helped me tackle my minimalist fashion challenge and I cannot recommend it enough (hahaha I sound like some advertisement here but I swear, I'm not being paid to write this post! I just believe in spreading positive words about things that deserve the hype they're given)! 

If you're interested in using Polyvore, click here -- happy outfit making! 



  


labels: polyvore, fashion, lifestyle, capsule wardrobe


related posts