attacking the beast that is my closet (part 2)


Welcome to the second part of my attempt to slay the monsters that lurk around inside my closet! After deciding to cut the number of clothing pieces that I own to 50 (check out Part 1 here!), I addressed the pile on my floor and decided on the items that I am going to wear this fall. 

In case you were wondering, accessories are not included in my list (I also didn't count cocktail attire, workout clothes, underwear, and pajamas). I gave a lot of my jewellery to my sister because there are only a few accessories I plan on using, such as my favorite watch, my flower headbands, some rings, and a few earrings here and there.



Ta-daaaa, 50 items in their magnificent splendour!

  A shot of all of the pieces I chose (excluding my shoes and bags)

What am I going to do now? Since I have 50 items to work with, I am going to use Polyvore to make different outfits. Making my own outfits with my 50 chosen pieces will help me to become more creative with what I wear since I don't want to repeat any outfits in the span of three months. If you'd like to know more about how I use Polyvore, stay tuned for a post on it soon click here!




(sidenote: I feel that we are conditioned into believing that having more things will make us happier. That owning something such as a giant walk-in closet proves to us that we can get everything we've ever dreamed of. I don't know what's happened to me this year because I've been experiencing the opposite -- having more things makes me feel worse. I look at the piles of unused clothes in my closet and on my floor and I don't feel proud about all the neglected clothes I have. However, please don't take anything I say the wrong way -- I don't think it's wrong for other people to have large closets or a lot of possessions, as long as these people are happy. But personally, for me, owning more makes me sadder, so why would I continue doing something that makes me unhappy?)